Early literacy continues to stand out as a point of focus within this policy area, though the overall number of members who plan to prioritize literacy-related issues is not as high as in recent years. Click here to explore the full 2019 Network Member Priorities overview.
- Members in Arizona, Colorado, Louisiana, and Massachusetts, in addition to the Foundation for Excellence in Education, plan to focus on early literacy efforts in 2019.
Eight PIE Network members in 7 states are planning to prioritize literacy issues in 2019.
Below, you’ll see lists of member organizations who plan to work on similar literacy policies. If you’re interested in connecting with any of the organizations listed below, ask Eric for an introduction.
- AL A+ Education Partnership: Support the Alabama Campaign for Grade Level Reading
- AR Arkansas Learns: Require reading growth in order to qualify for NSLA Funding to reduce achievement gap
- AZ Stand for Children Arizona: Increase funding for early literacy programming
- AZ Stand for Children Arizona: Expand community engagement activities focused on early literacy
- CO Stand for Children Colorado: Improve early literacy
- LA Stand for Children Louisiana: Improve early literacy and high school success metrics through leadership development and effective local implementation of best practices
- MA Stand for Children Massachusetts: Early literacy
- MI The Education Trust-Midwest: Improve third-grade reading/early literacy policies, investments, and implementation
- Multiple States Foundation for Excellence in Education: Support dozens of states’ implementation of policies including early literacy
Click here to explore the full 2019 Network Member Priorities overview.