Network members come together around their commitment to four specific policy ideas: high expectations, great educators, innovative options, and responsive systems. The details below reflect members work on responsive systems. Read on for examples of how members are promoting dynamic policies, pathways, leaders, and funding systems that are intentionally designed to best address and adapt to the unique needs of every student. Click here to explore the full 2020 Network Member Priorities overview.
How many Network members are prioritizing early learning?
Similar to previous years, nine Network members in nine states planning to prioritize this policy area in 2020. Four members are specifically prioritizing pre-K quality and access.
What early learning initiatives are members prioritizing?
Below, you’ll see lists of member organizations who plan to work on similar early learning policies. If you’re interested in connecting with any of the organizations listed below, reach out for an introduction.
- Colorado | Stand for Children Colorado: Increase investment in high-quality pre-K
- Delaware | Rodel Foundation of Delaware: Expand quality early learning and launch pre-K
- Mississippi | Mississippi First: Increase the per pupil funding amount for pre-K classrooms from $4,300 to $5,000
- Mississippi | Mississippi First: Release the 3rd edition of the State of Pre-K report
Other Early Learning Policies
- Arizona | Expect More Arizona: Advance quality early learning and early literacy in alignment with the Education Progress Meter
- Colorado | Teach Plus Colorado: Early childhood education
- Kansas/Missouri | Aligned: Reform Coordinating Board for Early Education changing the board structure, composition and requirements
- Louisiana | Stand for Children Louisiana: Continue to support efforts to secure more dollars for early childhood education
- Massachusetts | Teach Plus Massachusetts: Advocate for access to high quality early education and care in Massachusetts
- Washington | League of Education Voters: High quality early childhood education for every early learner
Click here to return to the 2020 Network Member Priorities overview.
Please log in with your PIE Network account.
For access to exclusive members-only content. If you work with a PIE Network member organization and don’t yet have an account for this site, you can request to get one below.