Network members come together around their commitment to four specific policy ideas: high expectations, great educators, innovative options, and responsive systems. The details below reflect members work on responsive systems. Read on for examples of how members are promoting dynamic policies, pathways, leaders, and funding systems that are intentionally designed to best address and adapt to the unique needs of every student. Click here to explore the full 2020 Network Member Priorities overview.
How many Network members are prioritizing governance issues?
Five Network members in four states plan to prioritize governance issues in 2020, with a focus on school boards and district leadership.
What governance initiatives are members prioritizing?
Below, you’ll see lists of member organizations who plan to work on similar governance policies. If you’re interested in connecting with any of the organizations listed below, reach out for an introduction.
- Louisiana | Democrats for Education Reform Louisiana: Advocate for high-quality district leadership in Baton Rouge
- Louisiana | Stand for Children Louisiana: Support transition and implementation of new district leadership in East Baton Rouge
- Delaware | DelawareCAN: Reform Delaware school boards
- Nevada | Opportunity 180: Assist with holding a high bar for Clark County School District Board candidates
- Texas | Texas Aspires: Local engagement work on training/recruiting potential school board members
Click here to return to the 2020 Network Member Priorities overview.