Network members come together around their commitment to four specific policy ideas: high expectations, great educators, innovative options, and responsive systems. The details below reflect members work on a variety of these policy ideas, including literacy, personalized learning, social and emotional learning, parent engagement, support for English Language Learners, and more. Read on for examples of how members are working in this area to transform education so that every learner can succeed. Click here to explore the full 2020 Network Member Priorities overview.
How many Network members are prioritizing other issues related to responsive systems?
Across the Network, members are pursuing a variety of initiatives to help ensure that every student has an equitable and excellent education. Twenty members in 15 states are prioritizing issues including school climate, social and emotional learning, literacy, special education, and English Language Learners.
What other initiatives are members prioritizing?
Below, you’ll see lists of member organizations who plan to work on similar policies. Click on one of the orange bullets below to jump directly to that topic. If you’re interested in connecting with any of the organizations listed below, reach out for an introduction.
- English Language Learners
- Personalized Learning
- Social Emotional Learning (SEL) and School Climate and Supports
- Special Education
- Other Policies
English Language Learners
- Arizona | Stand for Children Arizona: Support legislative referral repealing Prop 203, the English only education law (the remaining parts we couldn’t do through legislation last year)
- Arizona | Stand for Children Arizona: Assist with implementation of ELL reforms passed last year
- California | Teach Plus California: Provide support with investment in implementing EL Roadmap
- Alabama | A+ Education Partnership: Assist with the implementation of the Alabama Literacy Act
- Connecticut | ReadyCT: Focus on literacy outcomes and accountability
- Florida | Foundation for Florida’s Future: Improve early literacy outcomes through funding of programs and improvement of tools
- Idaho | Idaho Business for Education: Money for early literacy
- Florida | Foundation for Florida’s Future: Encourage innovation by giving flexibility to participating personalized learning pilot districts and open the program to additional districts
Social Emotional Learning (SEL) and School Climate and Supports
- Arizona | Expect More Arizona: Identify and support student needs, including mechanisms to close the achievement gap
- California | Teach Plus California: Assist with implementation of social-emotional learning PD grants
- Idaho | Idaho Business for Education: Student mental health
- Kansas/Missouri | Aligned: Support efforts to expand funding for quality home visiting programs to increase access for all families
- Massachusetts | Educators for Excellence-Boston: Encourage BPS to expand funding for restorative justice programs in the budget
- Massachusetts | Massachusetts Parents United: Launching community engagement in East Boston concerning the East Boston Community Health Center
- Minnesota | EdAllies: Replace school pushout with practices that promote long-term improvements to student behavior
- Minnesota | Educators for Excellence-Minnesota: Ending racial discipline disparities
- Nevada | Teach Plus Nevada: Research and provide recommendations for implementation plan for restorative justices/restorative practices model within 360 schools (elementary, middle, high school) in local school district
- Washington | Stand for Children Washington: Improving counseling services for students
- Washington | League of Education Voters: Supportive and safe learning environments for every students in K-12 schools
- Washington, D.C. | Parents Amplifying Voices in Education: Mental health supports and trauma-Informed training in all schools
- Washington | Democrats for Education Reform Washington: Special education funding fairness
- Washington | Stand for Children Washington: Equitable support for students with disabilities
- Washington | League of Education Voters: Sufficient and effective resources for every student receiving special education services
- California | Educators for Excellence-Los Angeles: Assist with development of policy platforms, agendas, and advocacy endeavors in LAUSD
- Kansas/Missouri | Aligned: Support legislation that requires the board of education of any school district to purchase insurance contracts for the benefit of students, to insure against loss resulting from loss, theft of, or damage to, the personal property of students while on school premises, or during school-sponsored activities
- Texas | Educate Texas: Make evidence-based recommendations to the legislature related to all of the above through our Teaching & Learning and Texas Student Success Councils
Click here to return to the 2020 Network Member Priorities overview.
Please log in with your PIE Network account.
For access to exclusive members-only content. If you work with a PIE Network member organization and don’t yet have an account for this site, you can request to get one below.